- Customer Service
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staffing agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following hiring facts (Updated September 2018):
- It was reported of the 20,000 new hires 45% of them failed within 18 months and of these, 86% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the organisation. Only 12% failed because of a lack of skills.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- On average there will be between 58 and 97 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 5% and 8% of these applicants get an interview.
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $13,000.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 78% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- companies report that 1 in 21 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 46% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- It is interesting to note that only 5% of unsuccessful candidates were given feedback that was moderately useful from hirers. Only 2% of candidates received valuable feedback.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 34% look for multitasking skills; 28% look for initiative; 21% look for creative thinking; and 10% look for something else in the candidate.
- On average new candidates take between 23 and 29 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- The Australian Financial Review
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- American Staffing Association
- the ABC
For more Customer Service Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >