- Customer Service
8 Employment Facts
At Staffing it is interesting to read some of the interesting stats from the recruitment industry. Whether you are a staff agency, employer or candidate you will be surprised and facinated with the following employment facts (Updated September 2018):
- The average cost of replacing a member of staff earning is $5,000 and $13,000.
- Just as the number of job opening can increase it often will decrease at an even faster rate if an economy is slowing down. Nothing is constant so the highest salaries are secured when unemployment rates are lowest. Rememnber however lock in your job and salary at the peak as you may be looking for work when the cycle dips. With approximately 77% of available jobs never advertised you should never stop career networking.
- It was reported of the 22,000 new hires 45% of them failed within 18 months and of these, 86% left because their attitudes did not align to that of the company. Only 9% failed because of a lack of skills.
- On average there will be between 65 and 104 applicants for advertised jobs. Generally between 6% and 10% of these applicants get an interview.
- Organisations spend on average 6 and 8 seconds reviewing resumes, 1 grammar or spelling mistake and your CV will be thrown away. 76% of CVs are ignored if your email address is unprofessional.
- companies report that 1 in 18 job offers (around 5%) are rejected by their first choice of candidate. Usually because they have received another offer, however often for many other reasons.
- On average new candidates take between 23 and 27 weeks to reach optimum productivity.
- Companies on average look for the consider the following traits before making an offer: 31% look for multitasking skills; 29% look for initiative; 19% look for creative thinking; and 14% look for something else in the candidate.
- Phone interviews last 34 minutes and face-to-face interviews last 60 minutes on average. In a survey of 2,000 hiring managers, 36% claimed to know whether or not they would hire someone within 10 minutes. After that, it usually takes 1 day to 9 days to hear from the recruiters with their decision.
- Other than the date, name of the contact and location, only 34% of candidates receive any information prior to an interview.
- American Staffing Association
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- Recruitment & Employment Confederation
- the ABC
For more Customer Service Career Advice see below additional resources to find the perfect job:
READ MORE >
READ MORE >
READ MORE >